Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Where there's smoke, there's......Jeremy???

The neighbors had a barn fire the other day, being a metal structure, I don't think it took the whole thing out, but it was sure big enough and close enough to be a bit scary!! I hadn't even known a THING was going on, until my friend Shannon calls me, and asks, me, "Is your house on fire, girl?" I jump up, immediately, look around frantically, then say, um...no....why????? (boy that's not a ordinary sort of greeting you expect when you answer the phone) Her guy is on one of the local fire departments that got called out, and she heard the call as well, and they didn't give a exact address as far as a house number, they just gave the block of the street, and "engulfed" , so she knew it was close. This was also one of her guys last runs with this fire department before they moved, so I got asked to take a few pics for her. So, Shannon, here you go!



By the time my camera and I got to where the fire had been, they were still dumping water on it, but most all of the smoke and such had cleared. Here they are cutting a hole in the back on the barn. That would be my friends guy at the top of the ladder.



I don't have a clue who these three are, this was one of the first pictures I took, and was still in the process of figuring out which one of many firefighters dressed alike was Shannon's guy. I would guess they are switching out some kind of oxygen tank?


Then they carried the ladder back to one of the trucks. At this point, Jeremy was probably feeling one of two things... a) special he was the main focus of a somewhat crazy girl armed with a camera. or... b) annoyed/embarrassed by the fact that he had his own paparazzi that day. or... maybe I was far enough back that he didn't notice me clicking away???


Aw, heck.... There went thinking he hadn't noticed me. hehe. At least he doesn't look *too* annoyed, or ready to crawl under the fire truck and hide from embarrassment.
At least that's what I'm telling myself. :)

6 comments:

Keaton Elise said...

Hi! What a cool set of pictures to be asked to shoot! :) I'm glad everyone was ok! It would not be a cool shoot if they weren't :( haha! Do you do photography as a business or just a hobby? I'm an inbetweener! I have a full time job, fulltime family and whenever I can I squeeze in some photoshoots for others, but I ALWAYS have time to take pictures of my one year old daughter. haha! I am so glad you commented on my page! I love reading new blogs!

Sadie said...

well, right now it is just a hobby. My mom has been doing photography professionally since I was very young. Now that she is marrying and retiring from the studio she works at right now, she wants to continue with her own photography buisiness, and have me come work with her. She like photographing things like scenery, rock bands, race cars, ect. I like taking photo's of... people, people and oh....people :)
One year olds are fun! Such precious facial expressions!

Thank you for stopping by! :)

Karen Deborah said...

cool pics, glad nothing really burned up to much.

helen said...

Stopping by to say hi..nice blog

Anonymous said...

Thank you beauty for taking pics of my man. I showed him and he felt special. Thought it would be nice to get a few snap shots of his last fire.. atleast the last one that we lived in the county for. HEHE!!! You are great!!! Love~ Nay~Nay

Sadie said...

Thank You!
let me know if you want prints of any of them :)

good to know he wasn't like, ready to run and hide from embarrassment. I feel better now, haha