Friday, June 26, 2009

SO Busy!!



That's what we've been, for sure. The first weekend of June was graduation parties, the second weekend was a local bbq, and some tractor pulls, the third weekend was several days of camping, and this weekend is my moms wedding. I have hardly had time to breathe, it seems. But oh, so much fun. This has been the best summer I can remember in so many years. We have been blessed with friends, family, and for the most part, good health. We've been able to do tons of fun stuff as a family, and have made many many memories. That being said, Here are some pics from the second and third weekends. Pics from this weekends festivities will be up as soon as I catch my breath! Sorry there are not many from camping, but I had a camera malfunction (all better now) and ended up sending it home with my mom and Jeff when they went home that night. Anyhow, enjoy, and I hope to catch up with you all real soon! :)










This was Shorty's gear shifter, kinda cool, huh?




There were all ages there! If I remember correctly, the little boy above was 5.


There were also varied levels of modification. Some were pretty basic, some looked right out of grandpa's garage, and some were scary lookin' :)

and some were pretty well souped up!
and Shorty, was serious :)



*********************************



This was our campsite from the very front right. It was the perfect size, definitely our little piece of heaven on earth. I miss it already! We can't wait to go back later in the summer, too.


From the very front middle (we had a little circle shaped mini woods about 6x6 right behind me). It was cool, the girls ran circles around it for the longest time. Also made it so we had two exits to our site. Very nice :)



The site from the very front far left. You can see the "mini woods" to the right of the pic. You can actually follow the picnic table from shot to shot. It was next to impossible to get it all in one picture I told DJ I ought to stand on the car to get it all in one picture, but then I remembered my totally irrational fear of heights, (this girl won't normally stand on a chair cuz it makes her knees shake) and thought otherwise.





This was some of the ground cover in the "mini woods" Jeff called them May apples, or something like that. I'd never heard of them or seen them before.

Speaking of Jeff, look who I found a picture of :) He is marrying my mom tomorrow, and that, is pretty darn awesome. So is our tent by the way, but that's another story for a different day.

This was a tree near the front of our site. We booked a site in a much different area of the park this year, and I must say that we were all very glad we took the chance. Our nearest neighbor was quite a ways away, far enough that their kids, and our kids could all run around being as loud as they cared too, and nobody heard any one's kids other than their own. We were in the middle of a large heavily wooded area, but there were clean bathrooms and hot showers within a reasonable walking distance. They have all kinds of nature programs for kids, as well as a 1,500 ft. beach all within the park area. We will definitely be back there again this year :)

Hope everyone is having a great summer! See you all again soon, another busy day ahead... :)

2 comments:

Keaton Elise said...

SADIE! what a beautiful campsite! :) loveeee the editing on the gear shift by the way! see youre getting better! :) anyways, i was just writing to tell you to read my new blog because I'm leaving blogspot! :( I hope you can follow me on my new blog!

I will still be getting on here and checking up! and can't wait to see the pictures from your mom's wedding!

oh ps. you could sell that picture of the rose below! :) love it!

Sadie said...

aw, thank you Keaton! You made my night! I got to do some newborn pics today too! SOOO challenging, but SO much fun :) I will be happy to follow your new blog, I am heading to your old one to find the new address now! :)

Good enough to sell? Well how cool is that, I thought for sure I would lose every rose on that bush this year, cuz I came out one moring to find it all covered in aphids, they had demolished it, to say the least. Right before we went camping, I had 7 bloom all at once. I just had to take pictures, it was such a surprise to have any at all. see you soon! :)